Are you new to web designing? Do you want to understand what makes a good web design? Well, there are more important things than what your eyes can see, particularly if you are designing the site for your online business. Here are some of the most important things to consider.
- Keep it clean and simple. As they say, less is more. It makes a website look sleek if you reduce navigation options and keep the layout simple. Keeping it clean will help achieve your desired goals and results, such as more signups, subscribers, and sales.
- Have a polished, professional logo. The logo is an important part of your brand. And it is critical to put it prominently on your site. Best if you use a high-resolution image and place it in the upper left corner of each of your pages.
- Use intuitive navigation. Confusing navigation layouts will detract customers from your call to action or primary information. For a successful web design for business, keep the navigation bar clean and simply put the less important links at the bottom of the or in the footer.
- Use white spaces wisely. This will give the visitors some breathing room. You don’t want to overwhelm your prospects with too much information all at once. Let them read the pieces of information and allow them to absorb all of the features your business has to offer.
- Use color strategically. If you want to get a professional impression from your prospective customers, then use a neutral color palette. It will help your website look elegant, clean and modern. But it doesn’t mean you will have a boring web page. You can employ small dashes of color for headlines or key graphics.
- Invest in professional photography. Good photographs can build a strong connection between your business and customers. Poor quality photographs or worse, irrelevant photographs, can turn off potential clients. Get a professional photographer to capture the essence of your business and use high-quality images on your website.
- Use fonts that are easy to read across devices. Keep in mind that people will be looking at your website from different devices, such as laptop, mobile phones and tablets. Some fonts may read well on a computer monitor but not on a mobile device.
- Respect the fold. Put most of your content above the fold. Put your call to action in the upper portion of your web page, along with your phone number and email address.
- Use responsive web design. Same as with number 7, make sure to choose a responsive design that can adapt to any browser and device.Remember, better user experience translates into more time spent on your site, which means higher conversion rates.
- Forget Flash. If you’re after search engine results, then only use search-engine friendly text. And Flash isn’t your best option to optimize your website for your money keywords.
Want more tips about web design and internet marketing in general? Get in touch with our colleagues from Clayton NC. Discover what you need to do in order to get the results you want for your business website.